Major preparation requirements
- Four of the following courses:
- Introduction to political theory
- International relations/world politics
- Introduction to American government/politics
- Introduction to comparative politics
- Politics and strategy
- Diversity and disagreement
- One course in statistics
All statistics courses used towards meeting the requirement for this major must be articulated with UCLA's Statistics 10. Check the articulation agreements on ASSIST to see if your college offers an approved statistics course. Not all UC-transferable statistics courses are equivalent to UCLA's Statistics 10 even though they may be used for IGETC.
A minimum of three of the preparatory courses must be completed by the spring before transfer.
* Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
*Students are classified as Pre-Political Science until they complete the preparation courses at UCLA.
Back to L&S major preparation listing