- Applied Mathematics
- Financial Actuarial Mathematics
- Mathematics/Applied Science
- Mathematics/Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- Mathematics for Teaching
- Mathematics of Computation
Required by end of spring before transfer
- Four semesters/five quarters of calculus through multivariable and either linear algebra or differential equations
Additional recommended courses prior to transfer
- Complete the full calculus series (encompassing single variable, multivariable, linear algebra and
- One introductory course in C++
Additional requirements for the Mathematics majors can be found at http://www.math.ucla.edu/.
* Financial Actuarial Mathematics and Mathematics/Economics are highly selective. Demand for these majors significantly exceeds space available.
* Students are classified as Pre-major until lower division preparation courses are completed at UCLA.
back to L&S major preparation listing