Life Sciences majors*
Required by end of spring before transfer
- One year of biology with lab for the major
- One year of calculus
- One year of general chemistry with lab
- One semester in organic chemistry with lab
Additional recommended courses prior to transfer
- A second semester of organic chemistry
- One year of calculus-based physics (mechanics, electricity and magnetism)
Additional requirements for the Psychobiology and Human Biology and Society (B.S.) majors can be found in the UCLA General Catalog: catalog.registrar.ucla.edu
NOTE: Life science majors are required to complete extensive preparatory courses prior to transfer, therefore, you must be admitted directly into a life science major; you will not be able to change from a non-life science major into a life science major after admission to UCLA.
* Demand for all life science majors significantly exceeds space available.
* Students are classified as Pre-major until lower division preparation courses are completed at UCLA.
Back to L&S major preparation listing