International Development Studies*
- One course in economics (economic geography, microeconomics, or macroeconomics)
- One course in statistics
- Three courses, each of a different category, selected from:
- Sociocultural anthropology
- Cultural or regional geography
- Introduction to globalization
- Contemporary history/civilization/culture of a developing region of the world
- Comparative world politics
- Introductory sociology
- Introductory gender studies
- Two years of a modern foreign language
Required by the spring before transfer:
- A minimum of six preparatory courses must be completed and a supplemental application must be submitted during the fall quarter in which you are admitted.
Effective for fall 2020 admission and thereafter, students will need to complete the following major preparation coursework in addition to what is listed above: Introduction to International Development Studies.
*Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
*Students are classified as Pre-International Development Studies until they complete the preparation courses at UCLA.
back to L&S major preparation listing