Become a Bruin Ambassador
About the Bruin Ambassador Program
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Bruin Ambassador! The Bruin Ambassador Program is staffed by current UCLA students and is sponsored by the UCLA Undergraduate Admission office. As a Bruin Ambassador, you will be a key player in the recruitment of future Bruins. This is an exciting and fun position with opportunities to build your resume and grow as a leader.
Overall Job Responsibilities
The ambassadors’ responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, covering the following types of events:
- High school visits, where they conduct admission presentations and application workshops, share their UCLA experiences, and more
- College fairs
- On-campus admission presentations
- Special social media projects
- Admission events (including UC Counselor Conferences, UCLA Open House, UCLA Bruin Day (Freshman and Transfer), STOMP Conference, UCLA Experience, and more)
- Weekly office hours
- On-campus student panels
- Must be a full-time UCLA Student (12 or more units)
- Must have minimum overall GPA of 2.75
- Must attend mandatory orientation and training on Friday, March 8 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, March 9 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with an additional two-day training during zero week of Fall Quarter 2019.
- Must attend mandatory meetings every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m.– 7:00 p.m. throughout the academic year.
- Must be available for an on-campus interview between February 26 – 28.
- Must have a valid driver's license at the time of application and a safe driving record.
- If you are planning to study abroad during the Fall Quarter 2019 and/or Spring Quarter 2020 or you are taking a Resident Assistant position with UCLA Residential Life, you will not be considered for the position.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Must be responsible, articulate, flexible, and committed.
- Must be detail-oriented and work well independently.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Familiarity with UCLA campus, knowledge of admission procedures, and general knowledge of academic requirements and helpful resources.
- Experience exercising the above qualifications is preferred.
- Must be comfortable driving in Los Angeles (may travel to Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside and/or Orange Counties).
Time Commitment and Compensation
Commitment is from Monday, September 16, 2019 through Friday, June 12, 2020. Students are expected to commit to making their assigned high school visits in a timely manner, signing up for area college fairs, participating in Undergraduate Admission sponsored events and other priority campus events, weekly group meetings, and office hours. Additionally, there will be encouraged, but non-required opportunities for hours over the summer to conduct high school visits and to attend college fairs and other special events through Undergraduate Admission as well as to make visits to their hometown high schools, where possible.
The position typically requires 5–10 hours per week. These can fluctuate based on quarter, with fall and spring being busy and the winter being slower. Pay is $14.00/hour.
Ambassadors are required to drive. UCLA Undergraduate Admission guarantees all Bruin Ambassadors a parking permit on campus every quarter (paid for by the student). If ambassadors do not have their own vehicle, Undergraduate Admission will pay for students to rent a Zipcar, University vehicle, etc. to attend work events. If students are using their own vehicle for travel, Undergraduate Admission will reimburse you for gas and wear and tear on your vehicle at 58 cents per mile.
|Applications available||February 4, 2019|
|Applications due||February 19, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.|
|Selected applicants contacted for an interview||February 23, 2019|
|Interviews held||February 26, 2019 – February 28, 2019|
|Selected Ambassadors notified||March 1, 2019|
The application is closed for the 2019-2020 school year.
If you have any questions, please contact:
1147 Murphy Hall