Major preparation requirements
To be considered for this major, all of the preparatory courses listed here must be completed by the spring before transfer.
- One course in microeconomics
- One course in macroeconomics
- Two courses in calculus (from the math/physical science sequence)
- One course in introduction to financial accounting
- One course in introduction to managerial accounting
- One advanced course in English composition
All preparatory courses listed here must be completed by the end of spring prior to transfer. Students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to complete all preparatory courses by the end of fall prior to transfer.
Note: You must be admitted directly into this major, and cannot change into this major after admission to UCLA.
* Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
* Students are classified as Pre-Business Economics until lower division preparation courses are completed at UCLA.
Back to L&S major preparation listing