- Applied Linguistics
- Linguistics and Anthropology
- Linguistics and Computer Science
- Linguistics and English
- Linguistics and Language Majors:
- Linguistics and Philosophy
- Linguistics and Psychology
Preparation for all Linguistic majors
- One course in introduction to linguistics
- Two years of one foreign language
Additional requirements for each major can be found in the UCLA General Catalog.
Required by end of spring before transfer
- One year of college level declared language OR at least one year of high school in which the primary language of instruction was a declared language.
Note: Completion of an introduction to linguistics course is strongly recommended. Completion of two years of college level foreign language is strongly preferred.
back to L&S major preparation listing