- French and Linguistics
- Greek and Latin
- Iranian Studies
- Italian and Special Fields
- Portuguese and Brazilian Studies
- Russian Language and Literature
- Scandinavian Languages and Cultures
- Spanish and Linguistics
- Spanish and Portuguese
Preparation for all language majors:
- At least one year (2 semesters/3 quarters) of courses in the selected language
- A second year of courses in the selected language is recommended prior to admission
- Additional requirements for each major may be completed after transfer and can be found in the UCLA General Catalog.
Required by end of spring before transfer:
- One year of college level coursework in the declared language OR at least one year of high school in which the primary language of instruction was declared language.
- NOTE: Completion of two years of college level foreign language is strongly preferred.
back to L&S major preparation listing