International Development Studies*
Major preparation requirements
- One course in economics (economic geography, microeconomics, or macroeconomics)
- One course in statistics
- Three courses, each of a different category, selected from:
- Sociocultural anthropology
- Cultural or regional geography
- Introduction to globalization
- Introduction to International and Area Studies
- Contemporary history/civilization/culture of a developing region of the world
- Comparative world politics
- Introductory sociology
- Introductory gender studies
- Introduction to International Development Studies
- Two years of a modern foreign language
Required by end of spring before transfer:
- A minimum of six preparatory courses must be completed and a supplemental application must be submitted during the fall quarter in which you are admitted.
*Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
*Students are classified as Pre-International Development Studies until they complete the preparation courses at UCLA.
Back to L&S major preparation listing