Alternate Major Reviews -
Transfer Alliance Program
As a Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) participant, if you are not selected for admission to your first-choice major, we will also review your application for an alternate major. This review is subject to the following restrictions:
- Your alternate major must have been specified on your original UC application at the time you submitted it. Requests to add an alternate major after you submit will not be considered.
- If you are admitted to your first-choice major, your application will not be reviewed for your alternate major.
- Your alternate major must be within the College of Letters and Science, and cannot be one of the following highly selective majors:
- Pre-Business Economics
- Pre-Global Studies
- Pre-Human Biology and Society (B.A. and B.S.)
- Pre-International Development Studies
- Pre-Mathematics, Financial Actuarial
- Pre-Political Science
Note: The TAP policy on alternate majors is restricted to those in the UCLA College (Letters and Science).
Majors in the Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science (HSSEAS), the School of Arts and Architecture (SOAA), the Herb Alpert School of Music, the School of Nursing, and the School of Theater, Film and Television (TFT) are not acceptable for alternate major review. Additionally, the pre-Public Affairs major is not an available alternate major option as it is in the Luskin School of Public Affairs. Likewise, the Education and Social Transformation major in the Graduate School of Education & Information Studies is not available.