The UCLA Transfer Alliance Program
The UCLA Transfer Alliance Program (TAP) gives you the opportunity to enhance your ability to transfer to UCLA at the junior level from a California community college. Students are certified after completing the honors/scholars program at their community college and given priority consideration for admission to UCLA College of Letters and Science.
To view all criteria for transfer selection, and for additional information about the programs of study available, please review the following:
- Transfer Admission Guide (TAG)
- Majors offered by the College
- Minors offered at UCLA
- Policy on reviewing TAP participants for alternate majors
Benefits of TAP
- UCLA and California Community Colleges cooperate to assist students in the transfer process.
- The TAP Community Colleges offer enriched academic programs and all courses necessary to transfer, including General Education requirements and preparatory courses for majors.
- Designated faculty and counselors at the community colleges help students plan academic programs that meet major and general education requirements and honors/scholars certification.
- While students are in the community college TAP programs, meaningful linkages with UCLA are provided such as on-campus informational meetings and tours, library privileges, and opportunities to attend selected UCLA cultural and athletic events.
To participate, you must enroll at one of the TAP member community colleges. You may obtain further information by contacting one of the community college programs listed below.
Honors Programs at TAP Member Colleges
American River College
Antelope Valley College
Cerro Coso College
City College of San Francisco
College of San Mateo
College of the Canyons
Cosumnes River College
Crafton Hills College
East Los Angeles College
El Camino College
Glendale Community College
Irvine Valley College
Las Positas College
Long Beach City College
Los Angeles City College
Los Angeles Harbor College
Los Angeles Mission College
Los Angeles Pierce College
Los Angeles Southwest College
Los Angeles Valley College
Los Medanos College