Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) – Freshmen
Accepting your Admission Offer
You must submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR), officially accepting your admission offer. The process includes several steps:
- the SIR itself
- the Statement of Legal Residence (SLR), a document that establishes your California residency status for tuition purposes
- the Parent Contact Information form, an optional page where you can provide contact information on your parents
- selecting your official UCLA e-mail address and signing up for BruinAlert, UCLA's system for sending students emergency alerts
Note: if you decide to use the e-mail address provided by UCLA (the one ending in "ucla.edu"), you can read your e-mail at: g.ucla.edu.
- the payment of the $250.00 registration deposit (if required)
All steps must be completed by the deadline: 11:59 p.m. PDT, Monday, May 1, 2017. (If you are admitted late—close to or after this date, you have three days from the date on your letter of admission to submit your SIR.)
- Login to MyUCLA to submit your SIR
Note: if you have not already done so, you'll need to first activate your UCLA Logon ID. Your Logon ID and password will be your key for logging in to secure sites at UCLA.
Declining your Admission offer
If you will not be attending UCLA, please decline your offer of and let us know what your plans are.
- Login to the Decision Site to decline your admission offer
Note: once there, click on “Your Next Steps.”