Sending Official Records - Transfer Students
Due to volume, we cannot confirm the status of your transcript or test scores via email. Instead, please check the status of both on the MyUCLA portal. Once a transcript/test scores are downloaded or received by our office, please allow up to 15 - 20 business days for posting on MyUCLA. Please note that you will not be penalized if MyUCLA is not updated by a deadline.
Unless otherwise stated in your Admission Contract, you must send us official transcripts for your college course work, and any AP and IB exam scores by the following dates:
|Transcripts for||Must be received by|
|All courses taken through the fall 2019 term||June 1, 2020|
|All courses taken through the spring 2020 term||July 1, 2020 *|
|All courses taken in summer 2020 (if any)||September 1, 2020|
|Test Scores||Must be received by|
|All AP and IB scores||July 1, 2020|
* Students from institutions ending in late June (e.g. De Anza/Foothill) should submit transcript(s) as soon as all grades are posted.
Note: Please let us know any names that appear on previous records if they differ from the names you provided on your application form.
Every effort should be made to submit official documentation either electronically via one of our approved vendors or via mail. However, we understand that it may be difficult to obtain official copies during this time and will be flexible with submissions of transcripts and official documents if your school does not have an option to utilize one of our approved electronic vendors.
If your school is unable to submit official transcripts electronically through the vendors listed below, we will temporarily accept verified electronic copies of your transcripts and other documents via email. They must be:
- Submitted by your school officials (i.e. administrators, counselors, etc) through a school domain email address.
- Sent to email@example.com with this text in the subject line: ATTENTION OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS.
- In addition to the email submission of these documents, physical paper copies must still be submitted via mail in a sealed school envelope as soon as this option becomes available and must be received by our office before you begin classes.
Please note, accountability and integrity are core aspects of the True Bruin Values. As such, your official transcripts will be compared to both your application and the emailed transcripts sent by your school. Any discrepancies may result in your offer of admission being withdrawn, even if UCLA classes have already started.
UCLA needs official transcripts from all institutions you have attended. (Unless specifically requested in your Admission Contract, we do not require a high school transcript.)
Through postal mail
Transcripts can be sent to:
UCLA Undergraduate Admission
1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436
Note: Paper documents will only be considered official if they are sent in a sealed school envelope with a stamp or signature on the flap of the envelope.
Electronic transcripts are accepted from the following vendors:
- Credentials, Inc.
- National Student Clearinghouse
We must receive your transcript directly from the transcript vendor. We will not accept transcripts sent through email as official. If your school does not utilize these vendors, you will need to submit official paper copies of your documents.
* Note: once the transcript is downloaded by our office, processing time is still required. Please allow up to 10 business days for MyUCLA to be updated.
Contact the testing agency to have the official results sent to UCLA
- AP: (888) 225-5427 [UCLA's AP code is 004837]
- IB: (301) 202-3025
Provided we receive your official results, credit from these exams should appear on your record some time during your first term at UCLA.
If you completed IGETC or UC Reciprocity, submit your official certification by September 1, 2020.
You can check to see whether your transcripts and test scores have been received on MyUCLA.