The UCLA BruinCard
The BruinCard is UCLA's official identification card used to confirm your student status and assist you with multiple campus services.
BruinCard Essential Features
- Official University ID used to verify identity for campus events, UCLA department services, school examinations, and applicable university promotions and discounts.
- Debit card feature allows cardholders to make purchases at any BruinCard merchant, both on campus and in Westwood. Purchase textbooks, food, printing, and more! Make deposits online or at the BruinCard office.
- Library card used for access to computers labs, books, and late-night library access.
- Gym pass for entry into gym and recreation facilities.
- Meal card to allow entry into dining halls.
- Building access card allowing entry into locations you have authorization to access. This includes entry to your residence hall.
- Laundry card for machines in on-campus residence halls and University Apartments.
To get your BruinCard
First-time BruinCards for incoming students for fall 2020 attending remote orientation will be mailed to the official address on file with UCLA prior to the beginning of the term. Students not attending remote orientation must request an appointment to receive a BruinCard. Please make sure that your information on MyUCLA is up-to-date, under the Settings feature, and that you submit your BruinCard photo.
If you are a new student who was previously issued a BruinCard due to a different affiliation with the University, and your previous card has been unused for one year or more, your card will be considered a first-time BruinCard.
If you did not receive your BruinCard in the mail because you missed the photo submission deadline, please submit your photo as soon as possible. You may need to make an appointment to process your BruinCard after September 15.Carding Procedures Summer-Fall 2020
You can get your BruinCard at Orientation (if you apply on time), or at the BruinCard Center starting in September. BruinCards will not be mailed and must be picked up in person by the cardholder.
You should apply at least two weeks prior to the start of your Orientation session.
- Visit BruinCard.ucla.edu and click on “Submit Photo” on the left menu. You must have your UCLA ID number and logon to apply.
- Submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background.
You will receive a completion email (1-2 business days later) stating whether your photo was approved. (If your photo is rejected, you can resubmit your application as needed.)
- Pick up your official BruinCard at Orientation Check-In.
You will need to present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. driver’s license, passport with U.S. visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.).
If you are unable to submit your photo online, you can get your BruinCard in person at the BruinCard Center when you attend New Student Orientation. You must take your photo at the BruinCard Center and present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. Driver’s License, Passport with U.S. Visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.). Please be prepared to wait in a lengthy line!
If you already have a BruinCard
- If you have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student.
- If you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA (e.g., healthcare volunteer badge, UCLA Extension student), you will need to exchange your old card for a new one in person at the BruinCard Center, and take a new photo in our office.
In either case, if you do not have your old card, you must pay the $25 replacement fee.
At the BruinCard Center
If you are unable to attend New Student Orientation, you can obtain your card at the BruinCard Center beginning September 1. (You can still submit an application in advance.) You will need to present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. Driver’s License, passport with U.S. Visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.).
Phone: (310) 825-2336 For questions, contact the BruinCard Message Center.