To be considered for this major, you must have completed at least three preparatory courses by the spring before transfer.
- Four of the following courses:
- One course in statistics 
Note: All statistics courses used towards meeting the requirement for this major must be articulated with UCLA's Statistics 10. Check the articulation agreements on ASSIST to see if your college offers an approved statistics course. Not all UC-transferable statistics courses are equivalent to UCLA's Statistics 10 even though they may be used for IGETC.
- To be considered for this major, you must have completed at least three of the preparatory courses listed above by the spring before transfer.
- AP exams (US/Comparative Government, Statistics) do not satisfy UCLA's lower division Political Science major preparation. Check the articulation agreements on ASSIST to see if your college offers approved coursework.
* Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
† If you are not admitted directly into this major you may petition to change to it. Petition criteria that must be met include: 1) completion of at least three preparatory courses by the spring before transfer, 2) a 3.7 minimum GPA in UC transferable courses, 3) a 3.7 minimum GPA in all UC transferable courses that will be used for the major including lower and upper division courses, and 4) completion of all remaining preparatory requirements with a UC GPA of at least a 3.3.
back to L&S major preparation listing