Life Sciences majors*
- Ecology, Behavior, and Evolution
- Human Biology and Society (B.S.)
- Marine Biology
- Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics
- Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology
- Physiological Science
Required by end of spring before transfer:
- One year of biology with lab for the major
- One year of calculus
- One year of general chemistry with lab
- One semester in organic chemistry with lab
Additional recommended courses prior to transfer:
- A second semester of organic chemistry
Additional requirements for the Psychobiology and Human Biology and Society (B.S.) majors can be found in the UCLA General Catalog: catalog.registrar.ucla.edu
* Demand for all life science majors significantly exceeds space available.
* Students are classified as Pre-major until lower division preparation courses are completed at UCLA.
NOTE: Life science majors are required to complete extensive preparatory courses prior to transfer, therefore, you must be admitted directly into a life science major; you will not be able to change from a non-life science major into a life science major after admission to UCLA.
More information about these majors:
back to L&S major preparation listing