To be considered for this major, all of the preparatory courses listed here must be completed by the spring before transfer transfer, but students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to complete all preparatory courses by the fall term prior to admission.
- One course in microeconomics 
- One course in macroeconomics 
- Two courses in calculus (from the math/physical science sequence) 
- One advanced course in English composition
- A score of 4 or higher on the AP Microeconomics exam can be used in place of the microeconomics course.
- A score of 4 or higher on the AP Macroeconomics exam can be used in place of the macroeconomics course.
- A score of 5 on the AP Calculus AB exam or 4 on the BC exam can be used in place of the first calculus course.
A score of 5 on the AP Calculus BC exam can be used in place of both calculus courses.
* Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available. You must be admitted directly into this major; you will not be able to change to this major after admission to UCLA. Students are classified as Pre-Economics until they complete the preparation courses at UCLA.
back to L&S major preparation listing