Required by spring before transfer:
- One year of calculus (2 semesters/3 quarters)
- One year of general chemistry with lab
- One year of biology with lab for the major (cellular, molecular, genetic)
- One course in organic chemistry with lab
Additional recommended courses prior to transfer:
- A second semester or two quarters of organic chemistry with lab
- Two semesters/two quarters of calculus-based physics
- Multivariable calculus
- Linear algebra
Eﬀective for fall 2019, to be considered for the biochemistry major, students must complete by the end of the spring before transfer: one year of calculus, one year of general chemistry with lab, one year of biology with lab for the major and one year of organic chemistry with lab. The following courses will be strongly recommended: one year of calculus-based physics with lab, multivariable calculus, and linear algebra.
*This major is highly selective. Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
back to L&S major preparation listing