Nearly 1/3 of UCLA undergraduate students are the first in their family to attend college. One of the reasons UCLA educates and graduates such a large number of first-generation students is because we offer a campus community dedicated to specifically helping ensure first-generation students succeed.
First To Go is a resource office that provides support for those future Bruins who will be the first in their family to attend college. First To Go offers connections to campus resources, creates networks for success on campus, and works on behalf of the over 30% of UCLA students who are first-generation.
First-generation students don’t just attend UCLA, they thrive. This starts with the UCLA experience. Please familiarize yourself with the array of resources and services available to you as a first-generation student at UCLA and the University of California (UC).
- First-generation student scholarships
- UCLA first-generation student stories
- First-generation campus partners
- UCLA First-Gen Alumni Network
- First-Generation Student Living Learning Community
- LA Times - a UCLA residence hall floor dedicated to first-generation students
- More than 100 UCLA professors identify as being former first-generation college students