Become a Bruin Ambassador
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year, as the deadline to apply was March 24.
Overall Job Responsibilities
The ambassadors’ responsibilities and duties include covering the following types of events:
- High school visits, where they conduct admission presentations and application workshops, visit with admitted seniors, share their UCLA experiences, and more
- College fairs
- On-campus admission presentations
- Online chats and special social media projects
- Admission events (including UC Counselor Conferences, UCLA Open House, Bruin Academic Experience, TAP Conference, UCLA Bruin Day, STOMP, and more)
- Weekly office hours/committee meetings
- On-campus student panels
- Must be a full-time UCLA Student (12 or more units)
- Must have minimum overall GPA of 2.75
- Must attend mandatory orientation and training on Friday, June 2 from 5:00 p.m.– 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 3 from 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m., with an additional training during Zero Week of Fall Quarter 2017.
- Must attend mandatory meetings every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m.– 7:00 p.m. (may change based on group availability) throughout the academic year.
- Must be available for an on-campus interview between April 10 – 14.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at the time of application and a safe driving record.
- If you are planning to study abroad during the Fall Quarter 2017 or you are taking a Resident Assistant position with UCLA Residential Life, you will not be considered for the position.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Must be responsible, articulate, and committed.
- Must be detail-oriented and work well independently.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Familiarity with UCLA campus, knowledge of admission procedures, and general knowledge of academic requirements and helpful resources.
- Experience exercising the above qualifications is preferred.
- Must be comfortable driving in Los Angeles (may travel to Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside and or Orange Counties).
Time Commitment and Compensation
Commitment is from Monday, September 18, 2017 through Friday, June 15, 2018. Students are expected to commit to making their assigned high school visits in a timely manner, signing up for area college fairs, participating in Undergraduate Admission sponsored events and other priority campus events, weekly group meetings, and office hours. Additionally, there will be encouraged, but non-required opportunities for hours over the summer to conduct high school visits and to attend college fairs and other special events through Undergraduate Admission as well as to make visits to their hometown high schools, where possible.
The position typically requires 5–10 hours per week. These can fluctuate based on quarter, with Fall and Spring being busy and the Winter being slower. Pay is $10.75/hour.
Ambassadors are required to drive. UCLA Undergraduate Admission guarantees all Bruin Ambassadors a parking permit on campus every quarter (paid for by the student). If ambassadors do not have their own vehicle, Undergraduate Admission will pay for students to rent a Zipcar, University vehicle, etc. to attend work events. If students are using their own vehicle for travel, Undergraduate Admission will reimburse you for gas and wear and tear on your vehicle at 0.54 cents per mile.
|Applications available||March 1, 2017 (see below)|
|Applications due||March 24, 2017
contacted for an interview
April 3, 2017
|Interviews will be held||April 10 – 14, 2017
1147 Murphy Hall
will be notified...
May 10, 2017
If you have any questions, please contact:
Undergraduate Admission, 1147 Murphy Hall