Become a Bruin Ambassador
Submit an application
Applications for the 2018-2019 Academic Year are now open. In order to be considered for this position, applications must be submitted by Wednesday, February 21, 11:59 p.m.
Overall Job Responsibilities
The ambassadors’ responsibilities and duties include covering the following types of events:
- High school visits, where they conduct admission presentations and application workshops, visit with admitted seniors, share their UCLA experiences, and more
- College fairs
- On-campus admission presentations
- Special social media projects
- Admission events (including UC Counselor Conferences, UCLA Open House, Bruin Academic Experience, TAP Conference, UCLA Bruin Day, STOMP, and more)
- Program committees
- Weekly office hours/committee meetings
- On-campus student panels
- Must be a full-time UCLA Student (12 or more units)
- Must have minimum overall GPA of 2.75
- Must attend mandatory orientation and training on Friday, March 9 from 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Saturday, March 10 from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., with an additional training during Zero Week of Fall Quarter 2018.
- Must attend mandatory meetings every Tuesday from 6:00 p.m.– 7:00 p.m. (may change based on group availability) throughout the academic year.
- Must be available for an on-campus interview between February 28 - March 2.
- Must have a valid driver's license at the time of application and a safe driving record.
- If you are planning to study abroad during the Fall Quarter 2018 and/or Spring Quarter 2019 or you are taking a Resident Assistant position with UCLA Residential Life, you will not be considered for the position.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Must be responsible, articulate, and committed.
- Must be detail-oriented and work well independently.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of large groups.
- Familiarity with UCLA campus, knowledge of admission procedures, and general knowledge of academic requirements and helpful resources.
- Experience exercising the above qualifications is preferred.
- Must be comfortable driving in Los Angeles (may travel to Ventura, San Bernardino, Riverside and/or Orange Counties).
Time Commitment and Compensation
Commitment is from Monday, September 17, 2018 through Friday, June 14, 2019. Students are expected to commit to making their assigned high school visits in a timely manner, signing up for area college fairs, participating in Undergraduate Admission sponsored events and other priority campus events, weekly group meetings, and office hours. Additionally, there will be encouraged, but non-required opportunities for hours over the summer to conduct high school visits and to attend college fairs and other special events through Undergraduate Admission as well as to make visits to their hometown high schools, where possible.
The position typically requires 5–10 hours per week. These can fluctuate based on quarter, with Fall and Spring being busy and the Winter being slower. Pay is $12.75/hour.
Ambassadors are required to drive. UCLA Undergraduate Admission guarantees all Bruin Ambassadors a parking permit on campus every quarter (paid for by the student). If ambassadors do not have their own vehicle, Undergraduate Admission will pay for students to rent a Zipcar, University vehicle, etc. to attend work events. If students are using their own vehicle for travel, Undergraduate Admission will reimburse you for gas and wear and tear on your vehicle at 54.5 cents per mile.
|Applications available||February 1, 2018|
|Applications due||February 21, 2018|
|Selected applicants contacted for an interview||February 23, 2018|
|Interviews held||February 28, 2018 - March 2, 2018
1147 Murphy Hall
|Selected Ambassadors notified||March 5, 2018|
If you have any questions, please contact:
Undergraduate Admission, 1147 Murphy Hall