Tours for Prospective Students
Thank you for your interest in visiting UCLA! We look forward to hosting you on campus! We have many tour options available to help you create the visit that best suits your needs. Please be sure to review all the information below before reserving or requesting a tour.
INDIVIDUALS OR FAMILIES (5 OR FEWER)
Prospective students and their parents are invited to take our campus tour, which lasts approximately 2 hours and is led by a current UCLA undergraduate student. It's a walking tour, so we suggest you wear comfortable shoes.
To ensure the quality of the campus tour experience for our visitors, we are unable to accommodate walk-on guests. Reservations are required for all campus tours. We recommend that you make your tour reservation at least 3-4 weeks in advance.To reserve for a larger family of 6-8 people, please call our office at (310) 825-8764 or (310) 206-3719.
LARGE GROUPS (9 or more)
Please note, group tours are not offered on the following dates:
- December 14th - January 15th
- March 28th - April 8th
- April 1st - 30th
For large groups, we suggest submitting a request at least 4 weeks in advance. We cannot process requests for group tours that are more than 3 months in advance.
If you're interested in requesting a group tour, please complete this request form. Completion of this form is not a reservation. We will contact you to confirm your request or inquire about any additional dates you may have available.
If you'd prefer to conduct your own group tour, please refer to the Map for Group Tours in the "Additional Information" section below.
FOR INTERNATIONAL GROUPS – If your web browser will not allow you to access the group tour request form above, please fill out this form and email it to our office. Please note: non-English speaking groups must provide their own interpreters.
FOR ELEMENTARY/MIDDLE SCHOOL GROUPS – If you are interested in scheduling a tour for an elementary school or a middle school, please contact the Cub Tours Program.
We understand that visiting our campus, especially for prospective students and families that live further away, can be expensive. UCLA has partnered with YouVisit in an effort to bring our campus tours to you regardless of your geographic origin. Experience our campus from the comfort of your own home through our virtual tour.
We also offer a self-guided tour for visitors that would prefer to experience campus at their own pace. Printed versions of this self-guide manual can be acquired at the UCLA Undergraduate Admission Office in 1147 Murphy Hall. Our office is open Monday-Friday (excluding major holidays), between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Other tours on campus
- The Housing Office offers tours of its on-campus housing facilities Monday - Friday at 12:30 p.m. Please visit the housing website to make a reservation.
- UCLA Arts tours are held on Fridays at 1:00 p.m. and last approximately 90 minutes. The tour is guided by a UCLA Arts representative and will include information on admission, audition/portfolio requirements, housing, student life, and financial aid/scholarships.
- UCLA Engineering
The Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science offers student-led tours of their facilities. Tours include information about the school, its programs, and student-led projects.
- The UCLA School of the Theater, Film and Television offers tours of its facilities for prospective students and their parents on a limited reservation basis. Tours are offered for both Theater and Film depending on the student's area of interest. Visit TFT's tours site for reservations and contact information.
- UCLA Botanical Garden Self-Guided Tour. Guided tours are only offered for groups of 8 or more. Contact (310) 206-6707
- UCLA Medical Center Virtual Tour
While UCLA does not conduct interviews for prospective students, we welcome visitors to stop by the Undergraduate Admission office if they have questions related to the application process or other admission inquiries.
The UCLA Undergraduate Admission Office is located at 1147 Murphy Hall (and operates between the hours of 8 AM and 5PM). You can also contact the Admission office by phone at (310) 825-3101.
To contact the Campus Tours office, please call (310) 825-8764 or (310) 206-3719. Click UCLA Campus Tours Coordinators to email our Executive Coordinators: Aspen Bonini, Lauren Mingee, and Poorna Ramasubramanian