About Transfer Admission at UCLA
- Transfer guide
What we look for when we review transfer applicants for admission.
- Profile of admitted transfer students
These tables list percentages of applicants, admits, average GPA and transfer units based on major and school transferring from.
- Applying for admission
- Transfer tips
Words of advice from admission advisers.
- Prospective transfer FAQ
- Major preparation requirements
Major preparation requirements by major
- Deciding on a major
Before you select your major, there are a few things you should know as a transfer applicant.
- About transfer credit
Transferability of credits from previous coursework
- Transfer Options from other UC campuses
- Returning UCLA Students
- Residence for Tuition Purposes at UCLA
Note: The financial independence requirement makes it extremely difficult for most undergraduate students whose parents are not California residents, including students from community colleges and other post-secondary institutions within California, to qualify for classification as a resident at the University of California. Transfer students who were classified as residents of California at their previous school should not assume that they will be classified as residents at UCLA.
- Center for Community College Partnerships (CCCP)
- Community College Transfer Recruitment (CCTR)
- Student Transfer Outreach Mentorship Program (STOMP)
- Transfer Alliance Program (TAP)
Events for Prospective Transfer Students
- Upcoming Events
Learn insights about the admission process for prospective transfer students and ask questions. In addition, sign up for a virtual tour. The flyer provides more detail.
- University of California Transfer Admission Site
- Find a Community College
- University of California "Transfer Pathways"
If you already have a major in mind, learn about a single set of courses you can take to prepare for your major. Transfer Pathways provides you with a clear roadmap to prepare for your major and be well positioned to graduate on time.
You can also view or print a PDF version of our Transfer Admission Guide.