- One course in statistics
- One course in introduction to environmental science or introduction to earth science
- One year of calculus
- One year of general chemistry with lab
- One year of general biology with lab for the major (evolution, cellular)
- One year of calculus-based physics (mechanics, electricity, and magnetism)
- Two additional courses from the following, depending upon your concentration:
- One semester of organic chemistry
- Third semester of calculus
- Third semester of calculus-based physics
- General biology with lab for the major (molecular)
NOTE: Effective for fall 2019 admission, students must complete the equivalent for UCLA's Life Science 7A and 7B in order to satisfy major preparation.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete as many preparatory courses as possible. Remaining major preparatory coursework may be completed at UCLA after transfer. For more information, refer to the UCLA General Catalog.
back to L&S major preparation listing