Required by spring before transfer:
- One year of calculus (2 semesters/3 quarters)
- One year of general chemistry with lab
- One year of biology with lab for the major (cellular, molecular, genetic)
- One year in organic chemistry with lab
Additional recommended courses prior to transfer:
- Two semesters/two quarters of calculus-based physics with lab
- Multivariable calculus
- Linear algebra
NOTE: Effective for fall 2019 admission, students must complete the equivalent for UCLA's Life Science 7A, 7B, and 7C in order to satisfy major preparation.
*This major is highly selective. Demand for this major significantly exceeds space available.
back to L&S major preparation listing