The UCLA BruinCard
The BruinCard is UCLA's official identification card used to confirm your student status and assist you with multiple campus services.
BruinCard Essential Features
- Official University ID used to verify identity for campus events, UCLA department services, school examinations, and applicable university promotions and discounts.
- Debit card feature allows cardholders to make purchases at any BruinCard merchant, both on campus and in Westwood. Purchase textbooks, food, printing, pay for laundry, and more! Make deposits online, in the BruinCard office, or at a BruinCard machine on campus.
- Library card used for access to computers, books, and late night study sessions.
- Gym pass for entry into gym and recreation facilities.
- Meal card to allow entry into dining halls. Pay with your Housing meal plan or BruinCard funds!
- Building access card allowing entry into locations you have authorization to access. This includes your campus residence hall and, in some cases, room. (Ask Housing for more information about residential access.)
- BruinGO! access card allowing you to ride at a reduced rate on the Santa Monica Big Blue Bus and Culver CityBus transit systems.
(Note: BruinCards are used only to qualify for a discounted rate, not as a form of payment.)
To get your BruinCard
You can get your BruinCard at Orientation (if you apply on time), or at the BruinCard Center starting in September. BruinCards will not be mailed and must be picked up in person by the cardholder.
You should apply at least two weeks prior to the start of your Orientation session.
- Visit BruinCard.ucla.edu and click on “Submit Photo” on the left menu. You must have your UCLA ID number and logon to apply.
- Submit a passport quality photo with a plain white background.
You will receive a completion email (1-2 business days later) stating whether your photo was approved. (If your photo is rejected, you can resubmit your application as needed.)
- Pick up your official BruinCard at Orientation Check-In.
You will need to present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. driver’s license, passport with U.S. visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.).
If you are unable to submit your photo online, you can get your BruinCard in person at the BruinCard Center when you attend New Student Orientation. You must take your photo at the BruinCard Center and present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. Driver’s License, Passport with U.S. Visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.). Please be prepared to wait in a lengthy line!
If you already have a BruinCard
- If you have a BruinCard from attending a UCLA Summer Session, you can continue to use that card as a regular UCLA student.
- If you have a BruinCard from a different affiliation with UCLA (e.g., healthcare volunteer badge, UCLA Extension student), you will need to exchange your old card for a new one in person at the BruinCard Center, and take a new photo in our office.
In either case, if you do not have your old card, you must pay the $25 replacement fee.
At the BruinCard Center
If you are unable to attend New Student Orientation, you can obtain your card at the BruinCard Center beginning September 1. (You can still submit an application in advance.) You will need to present a U.S. Government-issued photo ID (U.S. Driver’s License, passport with U.S. Visa, U.S. Military ID, etc.).
123 Kerckhoff Hall
308 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
For questions, contact the BruinCard Message Center.